Friday, February 27, 2015

Get Miranda Kerr's Oscar Makeup Look


Golden Age Glam

Miranda Kerr drew a ton of attention at the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar party.The Australian model’s look was created exclusively with CARGO Cosmetics by Lisa Storey. Below is the breakdown straight from Lisa:

"We felt inspired by the dress which was custom Pucci, in cream with embellished edges and cut out sides plus a super low back. Miranda and I decided on a classy 40's glam inspired look with a modern radiant feel.”
TO CREATE THE LOOK:

On the skin I used a sheer cover of CARGO HD Picture Perfect Liquid Foundation then applied the One Base Concealer and foundation where needed for a heavier coverage using the Magic Brush.

On the cheeks I began building a flushed look; first with the cream Colorstick in Santorini, then a dab on the apples of the cheeks with Powder Blush In Key Largo and then a dusting on the cheeks above the brows and tip of the nose with BeachBlush in Miami Beach which created that radiant glow.

For Miranda’s sultry stare, I lined the eyes lightly top and bottom with Swimmables Eye Pencil in Pebble Beach and smudged it with a Magic Eye Brush to gently frame the eye.

Then using the Essentials Eye Palette I applied Metro to the inner corners, adding Brownstone to the outer edge, again top and bottom and gently sheering it out to create a deeper soft frame around the eye. I contoured the eye socket with Rush Hour and highlighted under the brow with Uptown finishing with the Triple Action Mascara in Black. I shaped the brows with a little more drama using the Eye Brow Pencil in Medium.

The lips I lined with the Swimmables Reverse Lip Liner (love this product!) and to complete the look I generously applied Essential Lip Color in Paris.

CARGO is available at Ulta.com.



Disclosure: No compensation was offered or taken in exchange for this feature article. I have no affiliation to any of these brands or retailers mentioned and any opinions expressed are my own. 

1 comment: