Go Backstage at NYFW with amika
The amika team was backstage for the Kaelen NYFW 2015 presentation this season, under the direction of lead hair stylist Amy Farid. Here's a behind the scenes look along with a step-by-step styling tutorial.
The style at Kaelan was inspired by the TV drama Twin Peaks, featuring foxy, feminine curls in a 50's-meets-90's style.
Key products to achieve this look include:
- amika Power Cloud Repair + Smooth Dryer
- amika Digital Titanium 25mm Pro Curler
- amika Bombshell Blowout Spray
- amika Straight Up Smoothing Balm
1) Beginning with damp hair, create a deep side part on the model and apply amika Bombshell Blowout Spray.
2) Rough dry the hair with the amika Power Cloud Repair + Smooth Dryer. If the model’s hair is curly, apply amika Straight Up Smoothing Balm and blow dry smooth.
3) After drying, curl the hair with the amika Digital Titanium 25mm Pro Curler—beginning with the section parallel to the part, closest to the hairline. Curl the hair away from face, and set each curl with a pin curl clip.
4) Continue curling, finishing at the nape area. Let the hair cool for 5 minutes after curling.
5) Remove the pin curl clips and brush out the hair.
6) Back comb the front section to give the hair a little height, and then bring all of the hair over to the side opposite the part and allow for the curls to drop. Viola! Catwalk ready curls!
Disclosure: No compensation was offered or taken in exchange for this feature article. I have no affiliation to any of these brands or retailers mentioned and any opinions expressed are my own.