Make a Splash with Mermaid ColorsOne of London’s best selling cosmetics brands, Makeup Revolution, has arrived in the USA, celebrating with the launch of the Mermaids Forever Ultra Eyeshadow Palette. This collection of shades allow you to recreate the many tones found in the seas, capturing the beauty and fantasy of mermaids. The 32 ultra-pigmented, ultra-colorful, ultra-fabulous hues will bring these aquatic fairy tales and folklore to life. Allow your inner mermaid to emerge with this breathtaking selection of jewel tones from vivid sea greens to striking cobalt blues.
To Create the Mermaid Eye:
1. To begin, start with proper cleansing and moisturizing of the eye area. This will set the foundation for a beautiful eye.
2. Apply a thin layer of Makeup Revolution USA’s Cream Concealer from the Cover & Conceal Palette according to your skin tone on your upper lid. This helps to cover any discoloration while creating the perfect blank canvas. If needed, apply concealer under the eye to camouflage dark circles and brighten the eyes with twinkle.
3. Line your inner eye with your favorite liner in blue.
4. Apply a neutral tone on the brow bone blending the color to the end of your brow line. For added highlight, select a light shimmer and apply a thin line directly under the tail of your brow.
5. With your eyeshadow brush apply one of the sea green tones over the entire lid. Next, use a clean eyeshadow brush and blend using circular motions to above the crease line.
6. Next, apply a thin layer of the same tone as in step #5 and line the lower lid.
7. In the crease area, apply a soft stroke of cobalt blue for contrast and definition.
8. Finish the Mermaid Eye with your favorite black liner on the upper lid, followed by your favorite mascara. For an added pop of color select from one the ultra-pigmented shades like a cobalt blue or copper tone to line the eyes.Ulta.com
Disclosure: No compensation was offered or taken in exchange for this feature article. I have no affiliation to any of these brands or retailers mentioned and any opinions expressed are my own.