International Creative Director and celebrity stylist Giannandrea made the “The Back Knot” a Fashion Week must-have at the Nicholas K Spring/Summer 2016 show. A modern twist on the Asian classic top knot, here’s how he did it:
Hair Look:The Back Knot
Lead Stylist for Macadamia Professional Celebrity Stylist Giannandrea
• Slightly dampen hair with water and create a center part all the way to the highest point of the head. Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer from the roots to the ends.
• Section hair from top of head to ears, combing down from the part. Take back, large sections and blow dry using a diffuser and the Macadamia Professional Boar Bristle Paddle Brush.
• For heat protection and added shine, apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray onto dried hair. Run a flatiron through all sections to straighten hair.
• Gather all hair at the nape of the neck using the paddle brush and create a tight, low ponytail. Secure the ponytail in place with an elastic and reinfoce with pins.
• Then, secure the weft of extensions onto the elastic.
• Take a small section of the weft to hold aside.
• With remaining hair in the pony, create a loose loop and secure with another elastic.
• Wrap the small section of loose hair around the elastic, securing it with a pin and spray the Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray for lasting placement.
Disclosure: No compensation was offered or taken in exchange for this feature article. I have no affiliation to any of these brands or retailers mentioned and any opinions expressed are my own.